Evidence based practice incorporates best practice research as the reasoning for clinical decisions
The EBP Process involves these five steps:
1. Asking a well formed clinical question that can be answered using best available research evidence.
2. Using the PICO acronym to determine appropriate keywords to conduct the search.
3. Appraise and synthesise the evidence to ensure reliability and validity.
4. Integrate the evidence along with your clinical expertise and the patients' values.
5. Assess the effectiveness of the intervention or decision.