Microsoft Teams is the NTG-wide Desktop Collaboration Tool currently being rolled out now across the Department, replacing Skype for Business.
Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool for workplace chat, video meetings, file storage and application integration.
Skype for Business
Skype for Business is the NTG-wide Desktop Collaboration Tool that has been made available to staff. Skype for Business is being replaced by Microsoft Teams.
Please Note: Skype for Business video and audio IS NOT TO BE USED FOR clinical service delivery, sensitive or confidential material. Cisco Jabber is to be used for clinical service delivery.
- All internal participants need to check their Skype for Business is activated in ePASS – including YOU!
- Confirm that Skype for Business is installed on the intended meeting computer (internal users only, external users will be prompt to download Skype Guest when they click the meeting invitation)
- Send or receive a meeting request, to be used on the day to join the meeting
- Check your equipment and its configurations.
- Headset with microphone OR
- Speakers and webcam
- Laptops generally have built in speakers, microphones and webcams.
- Alternatively, use a Headset with microphone.
Phone (Skype to skype only)
- If you don’t have a microphone or speaker you can phone in; a number is included in the meeting invitation.
- On NTG phones ensure you speaker is on for hands free and turn your mic on when you want to speak.
A pre-test is recommended on equipment to ensure it is setup and working correctly.
For assistance – phone NTG Help desk 1800 000 254